<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 04, 2006

The Night Listener

Alien sent a critic-in-training to this psychological thriller that revolves around the celebrated writer and popular late-night radio show host, Gabriel Noone (Robin Williams), who develops an intense relationship with a young listener named Pete (Rory Culkin) and his adopted mother (Toni Collette), just as his own domestic life is undergoing changes. When a troubling question arises regarding the boy's identity, it causes Gabriel's ordered existence to spin wildly out of control as he sets out on a harrowing journey to find the truth.

Scout #1:

I really liked it. It was very suspenseful. I'd give it 3 stars out of 4.

Scout #2:

I have not read the book and knew very little background about The Night Listener beforehand. I did know that it was a dark film and would say it fit that description, with a few Robin Williams style jokes squeezed in at some awkward moments. It’s definitely not a comedy. It is thought provoking and kept my attention even though it is not action packed. I liked the fact that it makes you think, though my friend who watched it with me felt there were unanswered questions. I would give it 2 stars out of 4.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?