<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, February 16, 2024

Saltburn

Oliver arrives at Oxford University on a scholarship. When he befriends handsome, charismatic, rich kid Felix, Oliver lies about his background to this group of wealthy popular classmates which includes Felix’s sister & cousin.  Felix invites Oliver to spend the summer break at his country estate home, Saltburn. There, he is meets the parents & is exposed to their lavish lifestyle. This is supposed to be a black comedy but it was too dark for me to even notice. The tone felt ominous & I expected something bad to befall on poor Oliver who didn’t really fit in with these rich people. But then there was the turn of events which caught me off guard. And the evil plot was finally revealed. Maybe my internal jealousy of viewing how extravagantly these Richy Rich’s lived blinded me from how ludicrous this was. To me, this film seemed to be more bizarre & sensual than entertaining. Once again, its darkness may have clouded by judgement.

Alien gives it 2 “naked dance” stars out of 4.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?