<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Last Holiday

While Alien was taken a journey down "Glory Road", one of my junior critics-in-training sent me this scouting report:

Here is my review of “Last Holiday”: With an ensemble cast of Queen Latifah, LL Cool-J, Tim Hutton and Juan Carlos Esposito. Queen Latifah who plays a young lady named Georgia who lives in Louisiana and is given news that she only has three weeks to live. After getting over her initial emotion about here fate, Georgia decides to make here last days on earth full of fun and excitement. Georgia is a very reserve church going woman that loves to cook but then gives these gourmet meals to a little boy that lives next door. Cooking is a passion of Georgia’s and much of the movie is tastefully themed around food. Georgia can never quite get up the courage to pursue her fleeting love interest that is played by LL Cool-J. The movie takes place in the snow covered mountains of Prague in one very ritzy hotel where a world famous chef works. The movie start a little slow but picks up momentum. Queen Latifah is able to keep her audience interested in the movie and there were some funny scenes. Though I thought her movie “Bringing down the House” was funnier. Considering this was a comedy, it actually made some good points about life that all people should think about regardless of race. “Are you doing the things in life that make you happy”, “Don’t be afraid to take chances” and “Living life to the fullest”, all of these topics are presented in a very warm and inspiring way. So how did I feel when I left the movie? I would have to say I was very motivated and inspired to live my dreams regardless of what people think. All and all I would give this movie “3-Stars” out of 4. The “Last Holiday” was movie that all could enjoy and understand. I don’t think this was Queen Latifah's best work but it was very entertaining.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?