<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, November 10, 2006

A Good Year

Alien is awaiting his scouting reports on this preview reuniting Russell Crowe and Ridley Scott in a romantic comedy.

Scout #1:

I thought the movie was a little slow and I couldn't wait until themovie was over. There were a few humorous parts but, in general, quite unmemorable. Crowe, although a wonderful dramatic actor, looked a bit out-of-place in this predictable romantic comedy. The gorgeous French countryside was the one saving grace of this movie. However, still not enough to warrant my recommendation. I recommend: SKIP IT!!! Watch"Under the Tuscan Sun" instead.

2 out of 5 stars:

Scout #2:

I give it 2.5 out of 5.

Scout #3:

I liked the acting, but the plot was just ok. 3 out of 4 stars.

Scout #4:

Yet again a book that I have not read turned into a movie. I liked it. Sort of a modern day Citizen Cane, please forgive me Orson Wells, but it lacks that cinematic genius. The theme, “money isn’t all that matters,” has been recycled many times but this incarnation had enough twists to keep my attention the full 2 hours. It is a pretty clean film that I wouldn’t be embarrassed watching on a date. I give it 2.5 stars out of 4.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?