<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Fly Me to the Moon

In July of 1969, Apollo 11 blasts off for its historic moon mission; however, they pick 3 hitchhikers, Nat, IQ, and Scooter, 3 flies from Big Tony’s Junkyard. At least that how this 3D animated story tells it from the fly on the wall perspective. The third dimension adds a lot of fun to the animation. Alien loved the wing action on these fly guys. The movie cuts back and forth between a space documentary and a cute kiddie cartoon. Little ones may get a bit bored in space when these insects aren’t a buzz. In that case, “Space Chimps” may be a better option.

Alien gives it 2 ½ “adventure dreamers” stars out of 4.

Comments:
have you seen fly me to the moon??? excuse me I don't think you can compare it to space chimps.. apples and oranges.... in my opinion fly me to the moon is in a league all of it's own.. TOTALLY MAGICAL... the kids that saw it were mesmerized especially the 4- 9 yrs olds....
 
Thanks for your comment. I wasn't sure how kids would react to this one. I'm glad your kids liked it. Half of it is a space history lesson for those born after 1969. This film targets older kids. "Space Chimps" is a more obvious "kids" movie. I think one is more educational and one is more entertaining, but I encourage all to see both and form your own opinion.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?