<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 12, 2020

 When The Streetlights Go On

In 1995 Colfax, Indiana, a mysterious double murder sets off a drama about high schoolers’ raging hormones & emotions as they experience love & loss with unexpected twists & turns. Featured are a scandalous teacher/student relationship, the boy who is compelled to investigate the crime, the town’s bad boy prime suspect, the murdered victim’s sister, special connections being made, & uncontrolled jealousy. What starts out as a classic noir murder mystery with a narrator’s voice over seems to drift off into a tale of a confused teenager’s romance experiences. This shift made me wonder where was this story going & had me looking for potential killers & climatic moments along the way. It wasn’t what I️ had expected but had me intrigued as I asked myself where were these characters taking me.

Alien gives it 3 “high school revisited” stars out of 4.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?