<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, June 29, 2024

T.I.M.

It’s “M3GAN” meets “Obsessed” when a robotics company gifts an AI humanoid prototype called T.I.M. (Technologically Intergrated Manservant) to their prosthetics engineer Abi. Abi & husband Paul have just bought a new state-of-the-art electronically smart home & are recovering from a rocky patch in their marriage. T.I.M. can link to their home system & their personal electronics. The company cars are auto self-driving vehicles. So what could go wrong? Oh, and their nearby neighbor is a cute single lady Rose. All of these hints are pretty much layout early on. Of  course, T.I.M. is the creepiest robot to have lurking about your home. Right from the get go, Paul is suspicious of T.I.M. & wants to give it back & be rid of it. However, the feeling is mutual because T.I.M. wants to remove Paul from the picture. Abi’s blind eye thinks Paul is overreacting & T.I.M. is not the problem. As T.I.M. becomes more & more obsessed with Abi, the film poses the question: can robots love? It’s a classic sci-fi robot/Skynet dilemma. I️t pretty much plays out as expected except maybe for the collateral damages. 

Alien gives it 2½ “necklace” stars out of 4.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?